Yesterday was an absolutely beautiful day in Brisvegas, enough cloud cover to keep the temp down, and a cool breeze off the Brisbane River to make being outside a delight. How to spend such a great day? Why exploring the streets and parks in Brisbane.

After grabbing a Toffee Nut Frappuccino I was off to explore.



 Starting in Post Office Square I headed back towards the Queen Street Mall. I then headed down Edward St to the Brisbane Botanical Gardens. I hadn't been in a few years, but this place has a timeless relaxed feel. With plenty of grassed areas and a couple play areas for the kids the Botanical Gardens is great for both the family outing as well as for a nice romantic picnic. I spotted both during my walk.



Walking though the gardens it is quite easy to forget you are actually in the middle of the city. There is plenty of wildlife in the park and the traffic noise just fades away. I was lucky to grab a few images of Australian wildlife as well as the (non-official) bird of Brisbane (the Ibis). With so many in and around Brisbane I sometimes think they should be.
I would highly recommend spending a nice relaxing afternoon in the parklands. With a nice picnic and some reading material, or that special someone, it is just what the doctor ordered.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog Directory
Powered by Blogger.
Photo blog blogs