So I turned the big 33 recently. As it was the middle of the week I had the day off from work to spend it with my Mister. The morning began with a nice walk through Spring Hill to ostensibly pick up cream for the pancakes I was making for Breakfast. Yes, I cooked breakfast on my birthday, but for a good reason... that being the banana syrup I was making to go on them. Now that the price of  bananas has gone down they are re-entering my diet. Yay!!!

After the yummy breakfast we relaxed playing PS3 and computer games before heading out to our first movie of the day. We were off to Cineplex at Southbank. Cineplex is great for movies and snacks. With tickets from $6.50 (before 3:30pm) to $8.50 for normal 2D movies, and a large drink and popcorn for $7.90 it is possible to go to the movies for under $20.

Anonymous was good. I thoroughly enjoyed it, although I've since been informed that it is factually incorrect, with the timings of the plays and historic events completely out from reality. Still it was enjoyable.

After the movie we went to Max Brenner for chocolate what else. As always the wait was long but the food was yum. I think part of the charm of waiting at Max Brenner is using the time to change your mind about what you are going to order... over and over again. I had the Sundae and Mister the Waffles. My favourite part was eating the little pot of melted chocolate :)Max Brenner on Urbanspoon

We then walked back into Brisbane to enjoy a late lunch/early dinner at Aroma Garden. This suited me and my Mister perfectly as they have a broad range of food. He had the Chicken Parmegarna and I had the Chicken Tikka Masala. I love the flavour of my food. I could tell it was homemade and although not technically perfect it was tasty and came with really nice papadams. The meal was probably a bit over priced for what it was (over $20 each for the mains, even though they were a good size). It was nice and the service was decent but I've had better meals for less at other restaurants.Aroma Garden on Urbanspoon

After dinner it was to a free movie care of @reviewbrisbane. We were lucky enough to win tickets to see a preview session of Immortals. Visually pretty fantastic, the movie was good but seemed to lack a little in the way of script. The actors were decent and the cinematography nice, it was just that feeling of missing something.

All in all it was a great birthday, made even greater by spending it with my Mister.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog Directory
Powered by Blogger.
Photo blog blogs