The Perfect BREW?

I love my coffee. My friends and family all know this and pander to my expansive diatribes on the topic. I do not like to put them through it too often though.


This afternoon I visited Brew in Brisbane for the first time. I have been walking past Burnett Lane off Albert Street (Adelaide Street end) for months and always say "I must go there one day." Well this afternoon I did, and I enjoyed it greatly.


Walking down that alley you are not quite sure what to expect.  There is a small chalk board and some stools arranged at the end of the alley. There does not appear to be a barista in sight. It is not until you get just inside the entrance that you realise there is much more to Brew than meets the eye from Albert Street.


There is music, and art (photography at the moment), food and beverages from coffee to wine and beer and spirits. Although we only had time to sample the coffee today I am dying to go back and try some of the tapas, snacks and cheeses they have on offer. 


The barista was friendly and helpful. She had a great sense of humour and spent time talking to her customers while providing great service. The coffees came out with a couple chocolate covered coffee beans, a personal favourite. The music was unobtrusive. It provided great background to chat, but at the same time you could hear the other person speaking. The layout also helped with this and even though there were people seated within a few feet I never once overheard their conversation.


I was so impressed with the coffee and service at Brew that I am planning on taking a friend there tomorrow. I can only hope that she enjoys it as much as I. Photos to come...


More reviews of Brew here...


Brew on Urbanspoon

1 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog Directory
Powered by Blogger.
Photo blog blogs