Two Cups (Upper Edward St Spring Hill)


I have been walking past Two Cups in Spring Hill everyday for the past six months. I have always seen happy smiling faces coming out and have admired the Quote chalk board out the front. For six months I have been saying I should try them soon. But whether I was running late for work, or had other things on my mind, it just never happened. Until this week.

With the Christmas rush on for all workplaces I have been starting work a bit earlier a few days this week. On Thursday morning I had not had a morning cup at home and was sleep walking to work. As I approached Two Cups I could smell the coffee and breakfast foods. I could see a couple people enjoying a full cooked breakfast out front, and the sounds of friendly laughter from inside. I admit my body was just crying out for coffee/caffeine but my logical mind had no objections.

As I entered I was greeted by the barista. He was serving what sounded like a long standing customer, but he took the time to ask what he could get me and put my coffee in the queue. Once he had finished serving the customer he turned to me and a had a friendly chat, even though it was 6:45 in the morning. I thoroughly enjoyed watching him make my latte as I could tell he knew his craft well. I even ended up with a little latte art on my cup instead of the normal pour and serve that some cafes do. Two cups also advertises coffee courses, and a book on how to use your home machine effectively. Very tempted on both accounts.

I've been back in a few times since and the service is always great, as are their homemade sweet chilli and cheese muffins. Definitely a place to check out if you enjoy good quality coffee and a friendly atmosphere.


Two Cups on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog Directory
Powered by Blogger.
Photo blog blogs