Recipes that Inspire #2

I've had a pretty good week blog wise. I'm trying to be more consistent with my entries and explore more aspects of my Blogs design. Over the next few weeks there will be quite a bit of change as I try to make my blog more attractive and something that really suits me.

So this week I've looked at a local coffee shop, talked about local events in Brisbane, and posted one of my own meals. I'm hoping to look at another couple of cafes and places around Brisbane this week. In fact this week is going to be Geek Week on my Blog, looking at some of the shops and sores around Brisbane that cater to the Geek.

Enough about that. Time to look at the recipes that have inspired me this week.


Firstly we have Arroz Con Pollo from Simply Recipes. This was a really easy dish that was very tasty. I substituted a few of the ingredients (as I always do) and we loved it. In fact my boyfriend said he would have eaten the rice as a meal on its own. This is a huge comment as I've only recently started to introduce vegetarian meals into our diet. I really enjoyed this one. All it involved was a quick sautee of the veges and rice, placing them in an oven proof dish, browning the chicken and placing it on top of the rice. cover the rice with a mixture of stock and tomato sauce or puree. Easy and delicious.

I stumbled across a tumblr site this week called Lovin' Life. With lots of photos of different products this site is full of inspiring ideas. The one I really like the most is the Spa Water. As a drinker of home made ice tea I am always on the look out for ideas on how to flavour water that will increase my likelihood of drinking it. Spa Water is a fantastic idea. Using fruit to infuse the water with flavour and the dispenser makes it a beautiful experience as well as a generally healthy one. I am definitely going to try something at home like this. Just wish I had such a beautiful dispenser to place it in.

 I've been looking for more salad recipes this week, as well as healthy delicious recipes. I came across SkinnyTaste.com. I really like this collection of recipes and photography on the site is an inspiration. I particularly like the look of the Grilled Chicken Spinach Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette. I am going to try something similar this week for dinner. I also like the look of the Black Bean, Avocado , Cucumber and Tomato Salad.  I can see serving along with a good Steak. I think I would probably substitute the black beans for kidney beans (just a personal preference). Overall I really like this site as it provides healthy recipe alternatives.


The last recipe I want to share with you this week is from Stone Soup. This blog has recipes with only 5 ingredients in them. As a fan of Indian Food I really want to give the Butter Chickpeas recipe a go. It is a really quick 10 minute recipe with only 5 ingredients. Stone Soup helps us to understand that tasty food does not need to be complicated and that using good and basic ingredients can be flavoursome and good for us.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog Directory
Powered by Blogger.
Photo blog blogs