Recipes that Inspire #1

I'm find that many of the foods I make tend to be inspired by other peoples recipes. Whether it is from Jaime Oliver, Heston Blumenthal, or other Bloggers, I tend to adapt their recipes to make them my own. I want to share with you some of these recipes. I hope to do this weekly.

This week I was looking for easy snack foods (healthy too if I could find it). Cravings of a Lunatic had a great recipe for taco dip. I found this to be inspiring because it showed me you can be a bit experimental with even the most basic idea. I particularly liked how she served it layered in a jar. I know it's not exactly healthy (my popcorn recipe was closer to healthy) but it sure looks yummy. I will definitely be trying this soon.



I love pickles and chutneys. I think I picked this up from my mother. I can even remember her making batches of Mango Chutney when I was young. I've often thought about making my own pickles and preserving fruit and vegetable. Foy Update really showed me what is possible when you take the time to plan and work out your individual requirements. She has done a series of 3 articles on preserving that are quite beneficial.



I always love visiting Leave Room for Dessert, and not just for the dessert recipes. Anita is a fellow Australian and I love the fact that she is continually challenging herself. Her recipes, her site, and her adventurous spirit are a complete inspiration to me. I love browsing through her Recipe collection. This week I found her Swedish Meatball recipe. I plan on trying it out soon.



Well, that is my list for this week. I hope you enjoy these blogs and recipes as much as I do. They are truly inspirational.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog Directory
Powered by Blogger.
Photo blog blogs