Yes, today I was booked, in a good way. It is that time of year again. Lifeline Bookfest. The time for all bibliophiliacs to rejoice and join as one to converge on the Brisbane Convention Centre. With everything from kids books to science fiction, and cooking to humour, the Bookfest has something for all book lovers.

 Separated into the 3 sections the Bookfest has something for every budget, even some PS2, Xbox and PC games, DVDs and CDs. The three areas are the unpriced section, where you normally pay by the book size, the Priced Section, where books are all $2.50 this year, and the Quality Section. Today was a bit more of a browsing expedition for me, and I intend to return again later in the week, and as Bookfest is open from this last weekend to Sunday 22 January, there is plenty of time for everyone to stop in. Today I managed to pick up the first Manga in the "Return to the Labyrinth" story. This is something I have been wanting to read for ages.

Browsing through the titles there were yet again plenty of copies of Dan Brown's Davinci Code, and this year there was nearly half a table covered in the Twilight series. I love looking through all the cookbooks to try and find something a little different. Last year I picked up a great Moroccan cookbook. I look forward to returning later in the week to search through the rows and rows of books to find further treasures.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog Directory
Powered by Blogger.
Photo blog blogs